Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card
- 4% Cash back on gas & groceries , 2% cash back on Drug Stores and recurring bill payments.
- Plus earn 1% cash back on everything else you charge to your card.
- Visa Infinite Dining Series: dine with some of the biggest names in the food and wine industry in a private, sophisticated setting. Savour a delicious, multi-course meal and expertly paired wines.
- Visa Infinite Music Series: get true VIP access to premier events with some of the world’s top musicians. You can attend intimate concerts, meet your favourite artists and relax in VIP lounges.
- Wine Country Wonders: show your card at over 60 wineries in British Columbia and Ontario and you can enjoy complimentary tastings, private vineyard tours and discounts on wine purchases.
- Complimentary Concierge Services: whether you need help planning your trip, restaurant reservations, or tickets to a show, our concierge is happy to assist, 24/7.
- Luxury Hotel Privileges: save with the best available rates – guaranteed. Plus when you check in, you’ll get an automatic room upgrade when it’s available and free Wi-Fi in your room.
- Save on car rentals: as a Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Cardholder, you can save up to 25% off base rates at participating AVIS locations and at participating Budget locations in Canada and the U.S. when you pay with your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card.Save time at the checkout: tap your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card or your smartphone for quick easy payments.
- Get a Supplementary Card: add an additional Supplementary Cardholder to your Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite card Account. One account, multiple cards. Added benefits! Get an additional card for a friend or family member.
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance: coverage is provided for eligible persons under age 65 for up to 15 consecutive days.
- Trip Interruption Insurance: charge at least 75% of your trip costs to your card and get trip interruption insurance at no extra cost.
- Flight Delay Insurance: charge at least 75% of the full ticket cost to your card and you’ll be eligible for reimbursement of necessary expenses such as hotel accommodations, meals and other emergency items.
- Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance: charge the full cost of your airplane, train, bus or cruise ship tickets to your card. If your checked luggage is delayed or lost – you’re covered.
- Rental Car Collision Loss/Damage Insurance: charge the full cost of your rental to your card and you’re automatically insured if your rental is damaged or stolen.
- Travel Accident Insurance: charge at least 75% of your ticket cost to your card and you’re insured against accidental loss of life or dismemberment.
- Purchase Security & Extended Warranty Protection: most items purchased with your card are insured against theft, loss, or damage for 90 days from the purchase date and the manufacturer’s warranty is doubled for up to one year.
- Feel reassured (Optional protection): your finances can have added protection from some of life’s unpredictable events, like disability, job loss, strike or lockout, critical illness or loss of life.
You must have a minimum annual income of $60,000 or a minimum household income of $100,000 or a minimum assets under management of $250,000.
To apply for a Scotiabank credit card you must:
- Be a Permanent Resident or a Foreign Worker with at least 6 months left on your permit
- Have reached the age of majority in your province/territory (18 years in AB, MB, ON, PE, QC, SK. 19 years in all others)
- Not have declared bankruptcy in the past seven years
- Have a Canadian address
The Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite Card gives you cash back on everything charged to your card, comprehensive travel coverage, and unique access to events, hotels and more. Earn 4% Cash back on gas & groceries , 2% cash back on Drug Stores and recurring bill payments, plus earn 1% cash back on everything else you charge to your card.
Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card
The Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite Card gives you a great rate of cash back on everything charged to your card, comprehensive travel coverage, and extra perks like unique access to events, hotels and more. Cash back can be used towards anything, and is earned quickly with this card, at a rate of 4% on gas and groceries, 2% on Drug Store purchases and recurring bill payments, and 1% on everything else.
With additional luxury perks only available to VISA Infinite cardholders, complementary concierge services, as well as extensive travel insurance coverage, this card offers its holders a large amount of benefits for no annual fee in the first year and $120 thereafter.
As per our rating system, this card scored 21/25 on rewards, 16/25 on interest rates and balance transfers, 21/25 on perks and insurance, and 22/25 on annual fees. Therefore, the total smart score of this card is 80/100.
- New Scotiabank customers have no annual fee for the first year
- Up to 4% cash back
- Cash back on recurring bill payments
- Visa Infinite Dining, and music privileges
- Complementary wine tastings, vineyard tours and discounts at over 60 wineries in British Columbia and Ontario.
- Complimentary Concierge Services.
- Luxury Hotel Privileges.
- Save up to 25% on car rental.
- The accumulated cash back is awarded annually, making the waiting period to redeem cash back pretty long.
- Only new Scotiabank customers are eligible for the annual fee waiver.